The reason you need to groom his/her Yorkshire Terrier is easy – your dog’s physical state influences just how he feels and how you look at your pet. Extreme cases, where insufficient proper care, washing and grooming can straight influence the behavior of your Yorkshire Terrier, aren’t rare.
Proper grooming not merely infuses a wholesome glow to your dog’s appearance, but also assists develop his self-esteem; although it makes you an extremely proud mother or father, when you showcase your Yorkshire Terrier to others.
The first step involved with pet grooming is: Brushing!
Brushing offers been universally recognized by expert pet groomers as the solitary most important step in grooming.
The benefits of brushing are many. To name a few:
- Better blood circulation
- Shinier and healthier coat
- Better bonding
Even if you know how crucial brushing is for your Dog’s health and well-being, we all know that there is a right way and a wrong way of doing anything. And without doubt, you would like to do everything the RIGHT way when it comes to your Yorkshire Terrier.
Yes, there’s a method to follow while brushing your Yorkshire Terrier.
Here are FIVE steps to successfully brushing your Yorkshire Terrier that will prove to be extremely useful:
- Brush against the growth of the hair first with a slicker brush and then with a medium or wide-toothed comb.
- The slicker brush removes all the loose hair and the comb takes care of the tangles.
- Brush your Yorkshire Terrier along the hair growth and make sure you reach the skin as you brush his way.
- Then use a flea comb over the coat to get the fleas and remove any remaining tangles. Part the coat and start from the root and comb through.
- If your Dog’s paw pads are hairy, then clip them using electric powered clippers. Usually do not clip the locks among the pads. Clip just the excess hair.
- Brush your Dog’s hairs to avoid it from matting. Matting could be a very painful experience.
Regular brushing untangles the matted hairs on your own Dog’s coat. Since that is a risky work to do, the easiest way out is to avoid them from forming to commence with. And doing that is simple: simply brush and comb your Yorkshire Terrier frequently. If so when you discover any mats or tangles, make use of a detangle remedy and a medium-toothed comb.
Don’t wait until your Yorkshire Terrier is filthy or matted to introduce him to grooming. That could make him associate the knowledge with unpleasantness. Furthermore, many dogs figure out how to discover their routine brushing as another type of petting, i.e. another way to obtain affection and attention.